December 9, 2008

3.1 Philip Lim

I absolutely love 3.1 Philip Lim's Spring '09 Collection. The different textures are probably the highlight of the collection. I really like the menswear inspired clothes this year and this vest is no exception (Iekeliene Stange). It's made more feminine with the sequins, but I love how it still has the boxy shape of a more masculine vest. The jumpsuit (Toni Garrn) is beautiful. I actually tried on a black one that is almost exactly the same at Zara the other day. I didn't end up buying it because I wasn't exactly sure when i would be able to wear it (surely not to school.) After I got home of course, I realized it would be perfect for Puerto Rico. It can be a beach cover-up and then be dressed up with heels and a big necklace (Marni anyone??) for dinner. Back to Lim's collection though. This simple white dress looks stunning on Georgie Badiel and I love how the shoes are the focal point of the outfit. I adore shoes and I love the flower-like feel to these shoes, but with the metallic edge. I would pair these gold booties with black jeans and a cream/white sweater and couple bracelets and then out the door. For me, I think the wear ability of this collection is what makes it really stand out.

No comments: