January 6, 2009

Layers Layers Layers

In light of the fact that it is holiday break and I have time on my hands; it's time to add more layers to my volume of brunette-ness. I started cutting my own hair a long time ago..

Once upon a time, there was an innocent 7th grade girl hoping to get her hair trimmed with a few layers before the dance. Little did she know she would come out of the salon with an uneven, above the shoulder "semi-bob?". From that point on she vowed to never again have her hair cut in Poland. (too lazy/traumatized to search for another stylist)

And so, ever since, I have cut my own hair. The orange handled "kitchen" scissors are my favorite, they are sharp and easy for me to control, the black handled ones were a gift from a friend and are better for smaller adjustments, and the silver ones are actually called "thinning shears" and have teeth. (Just bought at Sephora U.S.A so I havn't used them yet) So basically, the message is; be inspired to try something out for yourself? You might be surprised (in a good way) with the results.

Photo creds to my new Sony Cybershot DSC-W300

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I love this. You cut your hair well : D and I'm excited to see yoor cameraaa

Becky said...

thank you ^^ :)
the camera is pretty cool, that smile function actually works :P

Anonymous said...

gahh! can't wait to try it with u hehe. we need more pics together giirrllfraann!