December 18, 2008

Rodarte

One of my absolute favorite designers. I absolutely love the style and class that they bring to their clothes while still maintaining a recognizable look. Each collection is different, but if you see a piece from their collection you immediately say, "Rodarte" One of the things they do is play up legs. In the very beginning their collections had soft, almost fishnet-like tights, but they were very loose and knit so they were very chic. Now with Spring 2009 RTW collection they are mixing up their classic with cut out leggings. According to the two sisters behind Rodarte, this collection was inspired by Star Wars! I really like how they mix very sharp, architectural lines with soft knits and colors. The leather jacket is beautiful. I've been looking for a leather jacket for a while, but I want the perfect one and I just haven't found it yet. I think the rough leather jacket with the tailored pants looks amazing and really emphasizes strong independent women. The fabrics are gorgeous and the color combinations beautiful. I love how they brought in elements of orange into their collection; not a color seen to often in chic clothes, but Rodarte pulls it off. My favorite piece in the whole collection was by far this beautiful dress. The colors remind me of the sunset in Santorini; stunning. Even in the photograph, you can see how much movement the dress has and how it flows so beautifully. I have no words, it's gorgeous! And the final thing; shoes. Rodarte has had amazing shoes from the start, and they are never lacking in the shoe department. I love how unique they are and the platforms are incredibly high. Even the models have trouble walking in them! (Abbey Lee, pictured in all black, took a tumble at the show)

Photos: Marcio Madeira

No comments: