January 11, 2009

Inauguration Ball


Nine more days to go until one of the most historic nights ever. Sadly, I wasn't old enough to vote in this election, but I showed my support by wearing my Obama shirt and making sure my parents and family friends were going to vote. Anyways, there are only nine more days until the first African American president will be sworn in. Being from Chicago myself its particularly awesome that the Obama's will be in the White House for the next four years, but at the moment, everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats wondering who Michelle Obama will wear to the Inauguration ball. Sketches were released from some of the biggest names in fashion; Marc Jacobs, Rodarte, Lagerfeld, Zac Posen, and Oscar de la Renta among many others. The green dress in the top left corner by Carolina Herrera is by far my favorite, but considering what Mrs. Obama has worn in the past, I don't think it fits her style and wouldn't be the perfect color. The top right gown by Badgley Mischka is just as beautiful with the stunning crystal beading down the center, but again its not as structured like other dresses Mrs. Obama has previously worn. Out of all the designs I think Isaac Mizrahi's design is the most beautiful while still keeping her style and class with a more structured bodice. Purple has been a staple in her wardrobe and I love how Mizrahi also included designs for Malia and Sasha that match their mother's. The bottom right design by Karl Lagerfeld (for Chanel) is so classic thought that I can't decide which gown I would rather see her in at the ball. For now, we all just have to wait and see until Tuesday.

Photo credits to WWD, to see the rest of the designs, click here.

No comments: